Position Title:Sr. Java Developer
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA
Status: Green Card
Clearance: Public Trust
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the US. USPS Security Clearance requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities. 6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
We deploy on WebSphere built on Linux and backed by Oracle databases. Working knowledge of JDBC, SQL and database stored procedures.
• Design and develop software components for high visibility applications.
• Experience with Responsive Web Design
• Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code.
• Actively participate in creating the best possible product for the client through active participation in peer reviews, retrospectives and spikes.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience to include 3 years of experience with our Technology Stack:
• Experience with the Serena tool.
• Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
• Understanding of design patterns and their applications
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate within a team environment
Applicants selected for this position will require a postal clearance and background screening.
||Sr. Java Developer
||Wilkes Barre, PA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V