Sr. Software Engineer
The Medicare Secondary Payer Systems Contractor (MSPSC) is a component of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R). COB&R governs the pre and post pay Medicare claims processing and recovery of errant Medicare primary payments. The COB&R program is the consolidation of all applications/systems previously contained under the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) and Coordination of Benefits (COB) programs. The MSPSC is responsible for all PMLC and SDLC phases of the development life cycle in support of the Coordination of Benefits and Recovery Program (COB&R) for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid program (CMS). The program is comprised of applications which are housed under multiple platforms from mainframe, windows, customized COTS products, mid-tier/web and in some cases a combination of environments. This position will report to MSPSC Management.
1. Design, document, development, and implement/enhance highly scalable and secure Java Web Applications.†
2. Design, document, development, and implement/enhance an HPX application with integration to Java Web Applications.†
3. Work with Team Analysts and Developers to enhance the COB&R application to be compliant with the CMS tool and architecture guidelines.
4. Lead the development and coordination of large projects by providing technical oversight and direction for the development team.
5. Take accountability for the design and development of complex systems to ensure they meet the business requirements.
6. Architect, design, code, and implement simple and clean designs that provide for ease of maintenance.
7. Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives to ensure high product quality throughout the development process and life cycle.
8. Mentor and support less senior developers to ensure they meet their deliverables and develop professionally.
9. Take personal accountability for individual contribution towards project success.†
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.†
1. 8 - 10+ years of object oriented software development experience
2. Knowledge of Java object design and patterns and ability to translate them into efficient code
3. 8+ years developing web and J2EE applications - Java, JSP/Servlets, EJB, JMS, Model-View-Controller APIs (Struts, JSF), Web Services, HTML, XML, DHTML, and Web Service testing tools such as SoapUI.†
4. 5+ years SQL experience
5. 5+ years IBM WebSphere and MQ experience or comparable middleware & messaging technologies
6. Knowledge and experience in .NET and visual studio highly desirable†
7. Experience with IBM FileNet is highly desirable
8. Experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator (Gentran Integration Suite) is highly desirable
9. Strong database knowledge (DB2 and Oracle) preferred
10. Strong communication skills, both written and oral
11. CMMI Experience preferred†
1. Strong customer and business focus†
2. Ability to handle multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
3. Positive can-do attitude†
4. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
5. Desire to keep abreast of latest development tools and techniques
||Sr. Software Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V