Position Title: Database Specialist
Position Location: Elizabeth City, NC
Status Requirement: US Citizen
Clearance Requirement: Secret (Candidate MUST have an NACI (or equivalent) initiated and completed within 3 months of their start date.)
The Database Specialist is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases in a client/server environment, specifically the support of all front end user data requirements.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sourcesfor new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance andproviding increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design.
7. Tests designed applications.
8. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data through resolving issues, reports and queries.
9. Assignments may include design and maintenance of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
10. Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
11. Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/backend programming languages (e.g., SQL).
12. Stays current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements and maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.14. Provides asset configuration and maintenance planning and tracking, including supplying systems logistics management.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Experience:1-4 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience. Familiarity with the USCG ALMIS/ACMS/EAL systems and INGRES database application desired.
Experience with ABF/RW/SQL, LINUX/UNIX and C desired.
||Elizabeth City, NC
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V