Position Title: Java Developer
Positon Location: Washington, DC
Status: Green Card
Clearance: Ability to obtain Public Trust
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1.Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2.Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3.Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4.Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5.Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6.Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7.Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8.Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10.Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
- 2EE technology, such as JNDI, JMS, RMI, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSL-FO and JDBC.
- Significant experience with the following platforms: JAVA/IBM Websphere/Oracle.
- Experience using IBM Websphere Studio
- Significant working skills in administering IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Experience with ANSI SQL for Oracle Database.
- Experience with HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, CCS and Document formatting
- Must have experience with relational database theory and data modeling and should be experienced with Oracle.
- Experience with working with large amounts of data, solid working experience with large transactions.
- Knowledge of Unix Operating System and Utilities
- Working experience with e-Script, VB Script and XML
||Sr. Software Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V