Job Description: PL/SQL Developer
Location:San Mateo, CA
Status: Green Card
Clearance: Ability to Obtain Public Trust
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Public Trust security clearance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 5 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors (or higher) in CS, CIS, or a related field of study
-5+ years PL/SQL development experience
-5+ years optimizing and tuning SQL queries, using oracle explain plans, hints, and indexing. Good verbal and writing communication skills
-Extensive knowledge and experience of Oracle SQL, PL/SQL (triggers, procedures, functions and packages), SQL Developer and SQL Loader.
-Ability to effectively tune sql and pl\sql queries.
-Extensive experience documenting and scripting ETL processes and procedures.
-Strong communication skills and ability to interact with various teams
-PL/SQL developer experience while working in a team environment with a staff of Java or Cold Fusion developers.
- Programming with ANSI SQL for Oracle Database.
- Must have experience with relational database theory and data modeling and should be experienced with Oracle.
- Solid knowledge of database internals, data structures, and tuning strategies.
- Experience in working with large amounts of data, solid working experience with large transactions.
- Experience in tuning database packages, stored procedures as part of fine-tuning the application.
- Knowledge of UNIX Operating System and Utilities
||San Mateo, CA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V