The System Engineer is responsible for coordination of environment, software and configuration changes to guarantee delivery of quality custom software products compliant with the Software Development Life Cycle. The Systems Engineer responsible for coordinating infrastructure changes and upgrades for supported custom software applications.
Essential Job Functions
• Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
• Facilitate weekly CCB meetings. Ensure enhancement and change requests are triaged and accurately assessed for cross team and resource impacts according to program priorities.
• Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall technical guidelines.
• Performs independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
• Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
• Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
• Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Work closely with varying business units, development and quality assurance teams, infrastructure and operations teams, and change management teams for the planning and coordination of environment and application aspects of releases.
• Work to guarantee smooth, predictable and timely implementation of environment and application changes
• Manage the triage process of complex build/deployment problems and environment issues and bugs in a multi-component environment.
• Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Strong organizational skills; Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment; Must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details. Skilled in time, priority and task management
• Analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of systems. Troubleshooting and resolution of mid issues in an enterprise environment preferred
• Communication skills to communicate system proposals to senior level personnel, management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
• Experience working with design principles and applications
• Experience developing and maintaining MS Project schedules, risk registers, and issue lists.
• Strong organizational / project management skills; Must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to details. Skilled in time, priority and task management
• Analytical and problem solving skills. Troubleshooting and resolution of mid issues in an enterprise environment preferred
• Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a result-oriented approach and positive attitude.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
• Ability to convey a professional image and deal confidently with technical problems
• Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion middleware (Weblogic)
• Knowledge of Oracle DB infrastructure / RDMS versions 10g, 11g
• Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Information Systems
• Experience in software configuration management, builds and deploys, Java-based preferred
• Experience in change control and change management
• Five or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems or programming.
• Two or more years of project management experience, including project planning
• Good understanding of Waterfall, Agile and Iterative software development methodologies.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V