Active Secret w/ SSBI Clearance Required
CNIC/Navy/Military Experience Preferred
Member of the system administration team for a major DOD enterprise network.
-Actively monitors operational condition of all systems.
-Performs system operations and maintenance functions.
-Resolves complex system level issues.
-Ensures that all systems operate in normal working condition.
-Prepares and provisions new hardware and software for application deployment and technology refresh.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and assists with evaluation of vendor products.
6. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Supports development of policies and standards for related to the use of computing resources.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
· Collaborate with other system engineers or application owners to design solutions for customers
· Identify Hardware, Software and Services required to meet customer needs
· Manage system stability, operation, and scalability
· Provide technical guidance for troubleshooting systems and designing new solutions
· Evaluate current or developing technologies to consider for implementation weighing such factors as cost, compatibility, and usability.
· Communicate with customers to understand current and future requirements for their systems and be able to speak on their behalf to the configuration management team
· Document design specifications, installation instructions, new processes, and procedures
· Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance to include installing or upgrade hardware or software.
· Configure servers to meet functional specifications
· Evaluate existing systems to suggest changes to meet organizational requirements
· Communicate project information through technical reports and presentations
· Maintain online knowledge database
· Track and control configuration management tickets
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Security+ certification mandatory
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Candidate should have DoDD 8570.01 IAT level 1 certification.
-Expertise in Systems Administration (Windows/Unix), AD, Storage and Virtualization required.
Additional desired experience requirements include:
• Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7, etc.)
• Active Directory (2003/2008) group policies design and implementation
• Implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SMS)
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
• VMware vSphere 5 administration
• SAN Storage Design and administration
• Citrix, VDI, HyperV desktop design and administration
• Working knowledge of server hardware (RAID, clustering, virtualization, etc.)
• TCP/IP protocol, DHCP, DNS, etc
• Knowledge of MS Forefront Identity Management a plus
• Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 and MySQL administration a plus
• PowerShell a plus
• Understanding of IT Security best practices to meet DOD STIGs
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V