Position Title: Microstrategy Engineer
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Eligibility: Green Card
Clearance: Ability to Obtain Public Trust
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for analyzing customer requirements, performing data analysis, documenting design, developing and testing MicroStrategy reports, supporting production implementation. Individual will also support Adhoc query development and aid in the research and resolution of Incident issues from both the customer and via HelpDesk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Develop and test MicroStrategy Grid, HTML, Report Services, and Dashboard reports with little or no supervision.
- Write complex SQL to assist in report data validation activities.
- Identify innovative solutions to meet client requirements from a functional and performance basis upon request.
- Review requirements and design documents, promotion and service requests.
- Write Adhoc queries in response to client requirements and provide support of Incident tickets during normal business and off-hours when required.
- Strong working knowledge of MicroStrategy - latest version. Ability to develop and test MicroStrategy Grid, HTML, Report Services, and Dashboard reports with little or no supervision. (Certifications are a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL. Ability to understand and write complex SQL using select statements, views, joins and indexing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of Teradata and Oracle database engines as well as data warehousing principals and practices. Capability to interpret database schema documentation including entity-relationship diagrams.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills. Ability to translate high level requirements into technical design documents and support the data analytical and validation needs. Develop innovative solutions to meet client requirements or improving the performance on a new or existing report.
- Ability to interface verbally and in writing and function effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Knowledge of MicroStrategy Object Manager and Narrowcasting services is a plus.
- Knowledge in Visual Insight a plus.
- Working knowledge of Technology Solutions Life Cycle (TSLC).
- Experience using ServiceNow and Change Management tool.
- Report development methods, procedures, standards, and techniques.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V