Job Title:SENIOR INSTRUCTOR
Job Location: Homestead, FL
The Senior Instructor will plan, coordinate, and conduct training and related instructional programs for personnel at childrenís residential shelters, including: social workers, medical staff, child care workers, mental health clinicians and facility support staff. Topics are primarily in child welfare and human services delivery but also include training on federal databases for tracking work.
Travel will be reimbursed as per Federal travel regulations.
1. Conducts onsite training sessions and assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
2. Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms and preparing workstations.
3. Maintains training plans and records of training activities, participant progress and program effectiveness.
4. May assist in the development, establishment and updating of course content and objectives.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Provides technical assistance in identified special topic areas.
7. Attends necessary orientations/trainings prior to deployment.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
9. Remains onsite during training deployment periods.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) in social sciences, public administration, public health or business administration, related concentration
- 3 Ė 5 years directly related experience in course instruction
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certified Instructor (will need to obtain)
- CPR Certification (will need to obtain)
- Experience and education specific to work with children and adolescents, immigrant populations, case management, residential programs, supervision of staff or programs and training of staff.
- Experience with web-based learning, development and/or evaluation of training curriculums.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with unaccompanied childrenís programs and/or training staff in social service settings.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V