Position Title: Principal SAS Programmer
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages. Responsible for coordinating the design, development and testing of complex and efficient programming and analytic code, as well as technical support and subject matter expertise related to specified health care programming & analytic activities, projects and deliverables.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Gathers and/or clarifying business and technical requirements with data requestors.
14. Provides technical and analytic input to analytic team.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience.
1. Advanced knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
2. Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
3. Coordinates and leads project tasks is preferred
4. Proficiency in the use of SAS and/or Oracle PL/SQL or equivalent software tools.
5. Professional SAS Certification(s) preferred.
6. Related experience in analytic programming, data extraction, querying databases/data warehouses and data analysis.
7. Experience with Medicaid and Medicare claims preferred.
8. Programming experience with analysis in the healthcare industry preferred.
||Principal SAS Programmer
||West Des Moines, IA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V