Job Title: Sr. Systems/Network Engineer
Job Location: Washington, DC
Status: Green Card
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
The Inspection Service is currently enhancing and growing its cybercrime and incident response abilities. The cybercrime program reviews network data, collects forensic images, researches tools and technologies, administers hardware and software.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
12. Design solutions and support implementation within various operating environments, including Windows, Unix, Linux, LAN/WAN, firewalls, servers, workstations and networking protocols.
13.Capable of providing an assessment of network monitoring tools and practices to be used for understanding the normal behavior of a networked device.
14.Able to document and develop technical procedures for the maintenance, operation and sustainment of the operating environment.
15. Manage and develop processes around access control, identity management and availability of software and hardware resources. Hardware configuration, maintenance, support will include but not be limited to routers, switches, storage area networks, peripherals, laptops, workstation, MacBook, printers. Software configuration, maintenance and operational support will include but not be limited to Windows 2012 Server R2 and newer, Cisco Adaptive Security
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- 7 to 8 years of related systems engineering experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V