Secret Clearance Required
Fully Funded, Immediate Fill
Subject Matter Expert (SME) and On-Site Support:
Responsible for the design, development, testing, documenting, and implementing of network/cyber infrastructure solutions, particularly in wide-area network and security boundary architectures.
1. Analyzes, document, and present all related regulatory, architectural, and operational requirements applicable to develop possible solution sets
2. Analyzes, documents, and presents performance/capacity of existing architecture and projected impact over time
3. Conduct, document, and present vendor evaluation to validate vendor network infrastructure solutions meet all requirements
4. Develops, documents, and presents one or more engineering solutions to include technical analysis, list of materials, wire run lists, physical/logical diagrams, and operational/sustainment impacts
5. Develops, documents, and presents implementation plan with device configurations and all required technical drawings for the chosen solution
6. Guide, execute, communicate, and close out implementation of designed solution
7. Communicate, troubleshoot, and resolve all 3rd level operational network issues
8. Provide guidance, mentorship, and training to less-experienced engineering personnel
9. Collaborate and participate in enhancing organizational knowledge management environment
10. Maintain and grow technical skill/product knowledge in cyber infrastructure filed
11. Obtain/maintain certification in key vendors
12. Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Minimum of five (5) years experience in WAN management configuring Cisco IOS and Palo Alto Firewall security zones (Layer 3 and Vwire mode).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred.
- Palo Alto Networks ACE (Accredited Configuration Engineer) or PCNSE (Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer) preferred.
- Expert experience configuring BGP, Multi-protocol BGP, VRF-Lite, MPLS over GRE and GET VPN.
- Expert experience with DISA STIGS.
||Network Engineer, Princ.
||Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, AL
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V