Position Title: Software Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Green Card Or US Citizen
Clearance: Ability to obtain a public trust
Postal IT coordination of servers, workstation and applications support
• Monitor, respond to, and resolve user request for computer-related support
• Monitor, respond to, and resolve network, server, workstation and application issues, coordinating with Postal IT organizations as needed.
• Administration and management of organization's server storage space, managing the usage and security of the storage space allotted to the organization's headquarters and field units.
• Management of the off-line storage of General Counsel sensitive case material.
• Administration of users' access to applications and services needed in support of their duties.
• Support backup tape management for General Counsel stand-alone offices which are not supported by Postal IT staff directly.
• Provide user training and education through customized documentation, training sessions and one-on-one interaction for Postal IT and organizational applications and services as needed
Products and technologies support:
• Research computer related solutions that would benefit the USPS General Counsel organization.
• Provide analysis and testing of proposed solutions in accordance with Postal IT standards.
• Processing of new hardware and software solution requests through appropriate Postal IT organizations.
• Coordinate with the appropriate Postal IT organization on the integration and implementation of any solutions for General Counsel.
• Provide continued maintenance and support of General Counsels' existing applications, technologies and services. These consist of, but are not limited to:
• ASP (ASP.net)
• JAVA and JAVA script
• Cold Fusion
• Oracle Data Base knowledge
• SQL Plus
• Corel Word Perfect
• Bridgeway LawManager matter management system
• MS Office 2010 and XP Windows 7; Adobe Acrobat
• Research tools: Lexis, Westlaw, CyberFeds, PACER, etc
• Law Department Information System (LDIS).
• IPMaster - Intellectual property case management system
• Documentum/ECM - document management system
Field site support:
• Coordinate computer related activities of the General Counsel with field offices and support staffs.
• Provide application and logistical support to General Counsel field office Information Systems Coordinators.
• Provide tier-one help desk support for General Counsel staff for headquarters, field units and General Counsel applications
• Coordinate with USPS Field IT staff to provide General Counsel users with ongoing access to Postal Service computing standard software and hardware services and support.
Special projects covering organizational and user events as well as special legal case/matter requirements:
• On-site support for organizational and departmental events
• Coordination, implementation and support of the departmental upgrades to the latest USPS corporate computing standards for server, workstation hardware, peripherals and software applications and operating systems.
• Provide incidental programming, based on General Counsel requirements utilizing Postal IT standards to build workgroup and departmental applications.
• Assist with the development and implementation of web-based interactive applications, specifically for information exchange between department staff and customers, clients and business partners based on standards set by Postal IT.
• Coordinate the development and support of the specialized remote data communication configurations needs by staff with Postal IT communications groups.
• Coordinate with Postal IT and other Postal organizations on the collection, management and proper storage of case e-discovery information.
Training RequiredÔBA/BS in a technical, business, or related field.
5+ years of related software development experience.
Proven ability to work with the following technologies, databases, and servers:
Oracle Database and SQL
Windows server 2008
Proven Ability to work with the following platforms and end-user software
Corel Word Perfect
Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2007 and Office 2010); Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows XP and Windows 7)
Demonstrated knowledge of Law industry matter management applications is a plus such as:
Bridgeway Law Manager
User administration & administering user rights
Interfacing directly with users and managing support issues
Recording and tracking application incidents
Adhering to and managing upgrade releases for supported applications
Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and orally to provide department application support
Demonstrated ability to train users individually, in small groups, in person, or virtually
Experience in providing project and status updates to application owner(s) both orally and in writing
Proven experience in planning and conducting meetings with application owner(s), focus groups, users, and management
Proven experience in documenting system complexities, processes, and procedures
Demonstrated ability to escalate impact issues to management and user community in a timely manner
Documented experience delegating and directing the work of others
WebSphere, jQuery, LawManager development experience are a plus
||Sr. Software Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V