Job Location: El Paso, TX
The instructor will assist with the planning, coordination, and conducting of training and related instructional programs for personnel at childrenís residential shelters, including: social workers, medical staff, child care workers, mental health clinicians and facility support staff. Topics are primarily in child welfare and human services delivery but also include training on federal databases for tracking work.
Travel will be reimbursed as per Federal travel regulations.
1. Assists with onsite training sessions.
2. Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms and preparing workstations.
3. Maintains training plans and records of training activities, participant progress and program effectiveness.
4. May assist in the development, establishment and updating of course content and objectives.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Collaborate with IT Specialist to support systems operations as necessary.
7. Attends necessary orientations/trainings prior to deployment.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
9. Remains onsite during training deployment periods.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) in social sciences, public administration, public health or business administration, related concentration
- 1 Ė 3 years directly related experience in course instruction.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and education specific to work with children and adolescents, immigrant populations, case management, residential programs, supervision of staff or programs and training of staff.
- Experience with web-based learning, development and/or evaluation of training curriculums.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certified Instructor (will need to obtain)
- CPR Certification (will need to obtain)
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with unaccompanied childrenís programs and/or training staff in social service settings.
||El Paso, TX
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V