The Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the Flexpod components consisting of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Cisco Nexus 5000, and 1000v switches, and the NetApp storage solution.
Clearance: Must be clearable to Secret level, current active Secret Clearance is preferred.
The candidate shall have solid experience and demonstrate competency in configuring, updating, provisioning, and troubleshooting the Cisco UCS, Nexus 5000 / 1000v switches, and NetApp storage in a virtualized environment. Basic familiarity with network equipment such as the Infoblox DNS appliance, Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper switches and routers.
Experience / Knowledge
• Solid knowledge of network and security concepts, best practices, and technologies including IPSec, RADIUS, SSL, DNS, DHCP, routing and switch, etc.
• 5+ years paid practical experience in an IP-based enterprise network environment as a network engineer or architect.
• Knowledgeable in DoD IAM, FISMA, RMF, and DIACAP concepts desired.
• Strong knowledge of Cisco switching technologies with Cisco IOS and NX-OS.
• Strong knowledge with Nexus 5K’s, Cisco UCS and Cisco 1000v’s required.
• Must be familiar with network management and monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
• Advanced network troubleshooting and experience in resolving complex network problems utilizing Wireshark.
• Solid understanding of layers 1-4 of the OSI model.
• Familiar with NetApp management software (OnCommand Network System Management, OnCommand Operations Manager).
• Experience with NetApp (iSCSI, NFS, FCoE) or similar storage environments and alignment with best practices.
• Experience with upgrading firmware of Cisco UCS, Cisco and Nexus switches in a virtual environment.
• Experienced in DoD C&A Process, DISA STIGs, and IAVA compliance desired.
• Proficient in Visio diagram software.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently or as a member of a network support team
• Availability to be On-call and provide after-hours support as needed.
• Government contract requires person to possess proof of U.S. citizenship.
Education / Training / Certification:
• Relevant network certifications (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, etc.) preferred.
• One or more of the following security certifications required: CISSP, CISA, Security+.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized training/experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
||Falls Church, VA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V