- Work with our Creative Services Department developing imagery for projects.
- Gather and create relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to contribute to stories, projects, internal communications, and other media as requested by supervisors and other departments.
- Research the latest sources for video and images available to keep projects fresh and relevant.
- Perform research to support staff members in producing stories.
- Work with marketing to create/maintain brand assets across all marketing mediums (brochures, web campaigns).
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time, resources, and projects on a deadline.
- Be able to work independently while also contributing in a collaborative team environment.
- Assist in video production (setup, shoot, lighting, and breakdown), editing and color correction.
- Bachelorís degree Graphic Design, Multimedia, Technology, IT, Business Systems,
- Five years professional experience in graphic design, layout, and production
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and complete different tasks assigned by the Production Manager
- Must have equal experience with: 3D animation, Adobe CS, Cinema 4D, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, etc.
- To be eligible, we must be able to verify five years of professional experience in graphic design, layout, and production. We will verify your work history and employment. You must already reside in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
- Pre-existing security clearances are a plus. You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Work in a Mac OS X system and some experience in Windows PC.
- Design creative and compelling communication visuals.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects quickly and with attention to detail.
- Share creative ideas and be open to feedback.
- Understand typography, and possess demonstrated work experience.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment as well as demonstrating independent initiative and follow through.
- Manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Organize and manage several large projects at once in a fast paced environment.
- Work with internal staff as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Possess a strong willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Possess strong customer service, communication and social skills.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and strong experience with the following software:
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Acrobat Professional)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Powerpoint/Excel)
Experience developing websites, infographics, mobile-friendly products, and government agency materials is an asset to the position.
Additional skills and experience considered a plus, but not required:
- Copywriting and/or Copy editing
- Digital publishing and interactive design
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V