Sr. Database Administrator
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering Oracle databases, including security, access, and documentation.
• Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
• Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
• Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
• Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
• Coordinates testing of designed applications.
• Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• Stay current on vendor’s best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
A Public Trust clearance and US citizenship is required.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
• Strong, hands-on, working knowledge of relational databases and experience working in an Oracle 11g or 12c large Data Warehousing environment.
• Experience working with Oracle OEM (Grid Control), Oracle RAC, Oracle RMAN backup and Recovery, and Golden Gate replication.
• UNIX shell scripting skills.
• Expertise in performance tuning of Oracle Databases and tuning application SQL.
• Understanding of Database Modeling principles and translating to physical database structures.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent coordination, planning and interpersonal skills; Effective organizational, writing and communication skills.
• Proficiency with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL languages.
||Sr. Database Administrator
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V