Secret Clearance Required
Fully Funded, Immediate Fill
The Software Engineer position supports the maintenance and enhancement of Tactical Decision Aids, Team Trainers, and Modeling & Simulation systems used by US Navy personnel in the conduct and training for Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW). These software based systems are primarily written in C++ and java, and other legacy programming languages. Future enhancements will deliver these systems in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and employ web services extensively. The Software Engineers work closely with Systems Engineers, and ASW Subject Matter Experts to correct software deficiencies, develop new capabilities, maintain software baselines, and support integration into the Combat Systems used aboard Navy ships, submarines, aircraft, and shore facilities. The systems employ real time interfaces to SONAR sensors, and environmental data services to provide realistic sensor performance assessments in tactical applications, as well as simulations used for training. The work is fast paced and challenging, employing software solutions to model acoustic propagation under water, and solve for tactical optimization of sensor employment in the conduct of the ASW Mission.
1. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software
2. Assists in the design and coding of software product components, units, and modules according to detailed specifications.
3. Some experience or coursework in object oriented programming in Java and/or C++.
4. Some experience or coursework in software development in the Linux environment
5. Participates in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software
6. Participates in the analysis and development of test plans.
7. Analyzes test results and recommends corrections to more experienced software engineers.
8. Participates in the writing and updating of technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
9. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
0-2 years of related software development experience.
||Software Eng., Assoc.
||Falls Church, VA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V