Position Title: Sr. SAS Programmer
Location: Windsor Mill, MD
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages. Provide statistical support for research and development of analytic services and projects. Ensure that projects will meet statistical criteria in the design of methodologies. Ensure procedures for accuracy checking of programs are followed.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents mainframe-resident and client/server applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Gathers and/or clarifying business and technical requirements with data requestors.
14. Provides technical, statistical and analytic input to team
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Related Statistical analysis experience preferred
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and procedures of statistical analysis.
2. Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
3. Proficiency in the use of SAS and/or Oracle PL/SQL or equivalent software tools.
4. Professional SAS Certification(s) preferred.
5. Related experience in analytic programming, data extraction, querying databases/data warehouses and data analysis.
6. Experience with Medicaid and Medicare claims preferred.
7. Programming experience with analysis in the healthcare industry prefer
||Sr. SAS Programmer
||Windsor Mill, MD
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V