Secret Clearance Preferred
Travel will average 60-80%
Security+ CE Required before Start
CCNA/CCDA/CCNP Certification Preferred
Fully Funded, Immediate Fill
We are searching for talented network and systems security professionals to join our U.S.A.F. IT Solutions team. As a world-class provider of network design, engineering, management, defense, and network/systems security services for the U.S. Department of Defense, Agencies, and Armed Services. If you are interested in working with the latest in network, systems, and information security technologies, consider joining our team as we forge the way ahead for our U.S. Air Force customers.
This position is responsible for surveying, furnishing, implementing, testing, training, and documenting highly complex world-wide enterprise class networks, information systems, infrastructure, and information security architectures and solutions. This is a high-profile, high-paced mission-critical position that revolves around reshaping the U.S.A.F. communications networks, systems, security, and information assurance / operations to meet the needs of the Warfighter.
The Network Engineer (NE) will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in enterprise network technologies and solutions design / implementation. Experience managing and participating in the holistic design and implementation of complex enterprise network solutions is required. Familiarity with current LAN, MAN, and WAN technologies is required.
*** Successful candidates must have:
• Demonstrated the ability to design and implement enterprise network solutions using LAN, MAN, and WAN technologies.
The NE will perform the following job duties and responsibilities:
• Surveying, designing, configuring, installing, testing, training, and documenting complex architectures and component configurations relating to routing/switching products and/or solutions;
• Ensures the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety, survivability, human and other requirements in the total engineering effort.
• Supporting the project team and customers;
• Participate in design and peer reviews;
• Analyze and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions while remaining compliant with regulations, policies and procedures; document description of system parameters and integrate those parameters to optimize the overall solutions effectiveness and efficiency at task;
• Research, analyze, recommend and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools and techniques where applicable using creative and innovative solutions;
• Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies; maintain skills and capabilities through education, training, and hands-on experiences;
• Perform mentoring and training tasks for peers and customers as required; transfer project knowledge to other team members and customers as required;
Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, responsible, technically apt, and business professionals. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive team relationships with a variety of internal and external customers, peers, and management. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to work independently, make appropriate timely decisions, and implement redirects without undue stress. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to timely, appropriately, and effectively deal with customer issues and conflict.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.,
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Relevant industry certification(s) are highly desirable (CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/).
The specific knowledge, skills, and experience requirements for this position are:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to enhance the quality of presentations and document deliverables.
• Ability to design identification and management activities;
• Experience with concept of operations and requirements documentation creation and coordination processes.
• Knowledge of and ability to use relevant hardware, software and other equipment;
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques involved in help/service desk operations;
• Candidate must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software tools (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio);
Preferred skills, knowledge, and experience for this position:
• Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Air Force security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Specific roles and responsibilities of this position include:
• Perform work as a contributing member of an engineering SME team.
The following are additional unique experience, knowledge, and/or skill requirements:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Enterprise Network design, implementation, and configuration;
• Must be able to stage, assemble, integrate, install, test, document, and sustain enterprise applications, MAN/LAN/WAN network equipment, and interconnecting infrastructure;
• 2+ years of experience designing, maintaining and operating within a DoD (preferably AF) network environment;
• 2+ years of experience as a network engineer;
• Understanding of U.S.A.F. Network Concept of Operations;
• Minimum secret clearance required;
Travel to worldwide locations is required. Travel will average 60-80% or more depending on your home location, customer requirements, schedule, and performance needs. Generally one week to three month deployments with longer deployments possible depending on project requirements.
Ability to obtain or transfer a Secret Clearance or higher is required upon hire
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V