Position Title: Sr. Java Developer
Position Location: Downtown St. Louis
Status: Green Card acceptable
Clearance: Public Trust
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
A four-year degree in Computer Science or a related field is required. An equivalent combination of education or experience in computer or telecommunications architectures, systems analysis, and management of information technology may be substituted. 5+ years of related software development experience.
-Strong Analysis and Design skills for multi-tier architecture
-Strong experience with development of J2EE Java language programs
-Experience in creating object designs
-Experience in creating object oriented J2EE compliant Java code
-Experience with the development of the following Java components:
o JSP-Spring MVC
o Struts or Hibernate Framework
o Ibatis / Mybatis
o FOP (Formatting Objects Processor)
o JUnit (TFD/TDD)
-Experience with Java development on multiple tiers and OS environments
-Experience with multi-tier application design and development
-Experience developing J2EE Java on a Windows 2008 Server environment.
-Experience developing J2EE Java on a Linux environment.
-Websphere Application Server (prefer version 8 or above experience), RAD/Eclipse, Windows Desktop OS
Nice to have:
||Java Developer - Senior
||St. Louis, MO
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V