Secret Clearance Required
DoD IAT Level II Certification Required
Fully Funded, Fully Funded
Electronic Classroom System Administrator provides Windows System Administration IT support to Navy Electronic Classrooms. SECRET Clearance and DoD IAT Level II (Security+ce) required to start work. SSCP or CCNA-Security certifications highly desired.
Successful candidate should have experience in Windows Desktop Support, McAfee Host Based Security System HBSS, and Windows Server Update Services WSUS/DHCP Server.
- Installs, investigates and resolves matters of significance with computer software and hardware equipment.
- Monitor, maintain and inventory network infrastructure, network systems and components, system admin and desktop systems with associated peripheral equipment.
- Provide customer services to respective customer base and chain of command.
- Respond & document to Remedy help desk tickets and create tickets as necessary.
- Apply patches, updates and upgrades to serves, workstations and stored images.
- Perform network scans.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
Experience with personal computers and associated hardware installation, problem detection, resolution and maintenance, PC security, networking, PC hardware, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory & Group Policies.
Able to lift desktop computers from floor to tables, climb stairs and step ladders
Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
||System Admin., Assoc.
||North Chicago, IL
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V