Secret Clearance Required
VoIP/Telecomunication Experience Required
Position may require periodic travel to supported sites
Fully Funded, Immediate Fill
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks. 3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and telecommunications support.
Must have an understanding of computer and network security, experience on system administrative practices and procedures.
Experience performing daily network management, and system administration.
Experience documenting and evaluating network configuration and infrastructure and determine where enhancements can be made.
Experience providing information on recommended fixes.
Experience categorizing, isolating, resolving network and system problems and verifying service restoration with customers.
Experience processing, documenting, and coordinating resolution of trouble calls.
Experience implementing service restoration plans, coordinating corrective actions, and submits outage reports in response to unscheduled outages.
Must have an understanding of PC hardware, Microsoft Office products, Current Windows OS
Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
Telecommunications support experience desired, optimally emergency services support of E-911 or Next Generation 911 systems.
Must have an understanding of computer and network security, expertise on system administrative practices and procedures. Perform daily network management, control and administration of the facility and supported networks. Categorizes, isolates, and resolves network and PC computer problems. Performs fault isolation and correction with PCs used within the facility. Works with external NOC customers on 911 systems and VoIP/network issues. Facilitate and document the integration of monitored systems into established support systems. Coordinate and facilitate vendor support of E911 and NG911 computer/phone systems. Support of E911/NG911 will include application, server, and network troubleshooting.
Position may require periodic travel to supported sites.
Ability to acquire and maintain a DoD Secret clearance and FAA PIV will be required.
||Network Admin., Assoc.
||Fairview Heights, IL
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V