Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Active Secret
Our client is hiring a Tier II Administrator (Mobile & Remote Access) will
provide technical system monitoring, back-up call support, and serve as a
technical escalation point between Operations and Engineering groups within
The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). This
role will be part of a Systems Support team providing users with mobile and
remote access services to include BlackBerry, Apple iOS and Citrix Remote
Desktop technologies. This position will be based at the client location in
DC and will be supporting a 24x7 area, with the specific shift being Sunday
through Thursday (330pm Ė 1215am).
- Monitor call queue; provide daily back-up call support to Operations; take
- Monitor Remedy queue and Queue Monitor Tool to address escalated tickets
related to BlackBerry and/or Remote Access service issues
- Monitor, Track, Analyze, and Respond to system alerts (e.g., SCOM,
- Conduct triage on outages and work with all support teams to determine root
- Coordinate and communicate outage with DoS Enterprise Operations Center;
provide timely updates to Senior Watch Officer(s)
- Document, update, and resolve escalated remedy Service Requests (SR) and
Incidents (INC) from Operations; Escalate unresolved SR/INC to Engineers
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) used to support the
Operation Center activities
- Maintain and Update Documentation (e.g., User Guides, SOPs, KBs, and FAQs)
- Ensure Systems Lead is made aware of potential system problems or customer
issues so as not to surprise lead and/or management personnel.
- Ensure all requests for services and incidents are logged/updated,
addressed/resolved and followed up on if necessary.
- Ensure all critical or VIP requests or tickets are attended to or resolved
promptly and efficiently, documentation on the troubleshooting and resolution
efforts are complete, issues are analyzed and followed up with the customers
if necessary, and tickets escalated to Engineering Support are well documented
and followed up on.
Active Secret Clearance and ability to obtain and/or maintain a Top Secret
Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or
related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant experience; or 5+ years of
related work experience without a degree.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including:
Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0,
BlackBerry 10, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
Working knowledge of BMC Remedy.
Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
Self-motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as
it relates to IT issues.
Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly
with customers including VIPs.
Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
Ability to maintain consistent on-time presence at the work location.
Depending on the work location, the individual will be required to perform
shift work in a 24 x 7 x 365 work environment.
The candidate should be aware that staffing levels and/or hours by shift may
adjust as a result of current or planned operational activities or at the
direction of the customer.
Candidate should remain flexible and able to work alternate shifts temporarily
or in extreme cases permanently if the operational environment dictates.
Demonstrates an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities,
and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Experience with mobile devices.
Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be
considered a significant plus
||Tier II Admin.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V