This is a big picture role, a strategic thinker as it relates to content strategy. The client prefers someone with government experience.
1. Content Strategy: Possess a basic understanding of what content strategy is and its importance to a federal agencyís or organizationís overall branding, goals, and user needs.
2. Writing & Editing: Strong writing and editing skills and able to see how content fits into a larger strategy.
3. Detail Oriented: Pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to dig into the specifics when handling discrete activities.
4. Problem Solver: Ability to think creatively and suggest solutions to create positive results.
5. Analytical Skills: Review and analyze content, support content audits and inventories, and begin to identify overlaps and gaps in content, as well as content opportunities.
6. Editorial Guidelines: Develop, maintain, and enforce editorial style guidelines.
7. Search Engine Optimization: Understand the basic tenants of search engine optimization and can support tasks such as keyword research.
8. User Experience: Can provide important content insights to help shape user research, personas, user journeys, wireframe development, and information architecture.
9. Content Marketing: Provide important insights to help shape branding through content, social media strategy, content mix, and targeted marketing.
10. Deliverables: With direction, work closely with teams to develop components of the content strategy such as information architecture, web content, and social communications strategy.
11. Holds a B.S./B.A. degree and demonstrated competence in English grammar and GPO editorial style.
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V