Our Client has an immediate opening for a Senior Java/Oracle ADF Developer in New Orleans, LA.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Interior security clearance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Contributes to design, architecture, and development of applications built with the Oracle 11g Fusion Suite, J2EE and web applications.
• Writes object oriented Web application/interface code conforming to established methodology and standards.
• Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
• Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
• Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
• Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
• Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
• Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
• Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
• Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
Experience/Required Specialized Skills:
• Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework
• Experience with J2EE and its use in web applications
• Experience developing web-based services and SOA
• Experience with relational databases (Oracle/SQL and/or DB2)
• Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies.
Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in all phases of full life cycle applications and systems development
5+ years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications or Experience:
• Experience with code management and version control tools
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong client relationship management skills
• Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus
||New Orleans, LA
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V