Position Title:Principal Security Engineer
Location: Towson, MD
Status: Green Card or US Citizen
Responsible for the IT security architecture analysis, design and implementation (oversight) for information systems.
1. Conducts IT security architecture analysis, design and implementation (oversight) for information systems supported by General Dynamics Health Solutions.
2. Proposes IT policies, standards, tools and procedures related to information systems security while standardizing delivery of security architecture implementation across multiple programs and customers.
3. Advises the Sr. Director of Information Security, program management staff and senior GDHS management on major information security related risks and decisions.
4. Supports the assessment of information systems to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the system's architecture design.
5. Ensures architecture designs address security compliance with executive, legislative, regulatory and company mandates affecting information systems security across multiple customer programs.
6. Maintains current knowledge of modern software architecture, network architecture design best practices and implementation.
7. Participates in special projects as assigned. Supports corporate and division-level enterprise security initiatives.
8. Supports business development, capture and proposal efforts from a security architecture perspective as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
2. Master's Degree preferred.
1. 10-15 or more years of related experience in information security architecture, design and implementation.
2. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) required.
3. ITILv3 certification desirable.
4. Health IT experience desirable.
5. SOC experience / design desirable.
6. Experience supporting Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is desirable.
1. Deep knowledge of IT security architecture analysis, design and implementation best practices.
2. Strong working knowledge of regulatory and statutory security requirements such as HIPAA, NIST, FISMA, FEDRAMP, DIACAP, ISO 27001+
3. Strong knowledge of modern software architecture, network architecture and cloud/virtualized computing models.
4. Experience supporting business development efforts that require a significant information security component.
5. Strong relationship, communication and presentation skills.
6. Ability to strike the right balance between risk and business agility.
7. Ability to work easily with multiple internal and external partners, build consensus to implement, drive to reach closure and manage expectations about delivery.
8. Business acumen: Knows how business works; is knowledgeable about current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information relating to information security across government and industry.
||Principal Security Engineer
Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V